Sunday, October 17, 2010

Feral Moment

Autumn Night October 15 2010



Who Who Who WHO WHO who WHO!!!

I own the night!

Wake up and listen.

Feel your feral self –

That wild sense of domination or of fear.

Through the still dark air

I call out – clear clarion of nature --

Beckoning to your untamed self –

Come reclaim your unity with all.


Reflection:

At 2 am, the barred owl called, its voice resounding from all directions. I bolted up, wondering what it was. So loud and clear, could it possibly be an owl? The dog leapt out of bed, and started barking wildly, demanding to go outside. Once out there, in sentinel pose, she barked unceasingly, no longer aware of me trying to shush her lest she wake the neighbors. Bred of 3,000 years of human companionship, she had suddenly become a wild canid, all senses tuned to the call of nature, participating fully in the wild, within her fenced back yard. A thrill ran through my veins as I too felt the wonder of this disembodied voice commanding my awakening. Will the Angel Gabriel’s horn at the end of time feel so electrifying?

No comments:

Post a Comment