Thursday, January 21, 2010

Floating Peace

In the Flow January 21 2010


There are no limits, really.

With one step out of time,

The heart and soul together

Float along the gentle current of delight,

Enjoying seamlessly the moment’s

Invitation to exist in joy and love.

Like the land of spirit,

The blissful moment is within,

Hidden only softly from our body selves

Until we waken there and smile.

At that instant, fear dissolves

And peace begins --

The power of the light of love.



Reflection

Once, I was driving along a country road after telling friends that I’d made a difficult decision to leave behind the life I was then living – my job, my marriage, my home. I had realized that much of my life had become toxic because I was not following my inner guidance about what I should be doing with my life, and that I would become ill if I just kept on going as I had been doing. I could not figure out any way to make things better. Leaving seemed the only option. I had made my decision and shared it that day. The universe rewarded me spectacularly for finally, after so many years, attending to my right path

It was a resplendent, early spring day. The bright afternoon sun was playing upon tender spring leaf buds, ever so pale a pastel green against the deep blue, cloudless sky. The unmarked two lane road passed between deep green fields, curving into the horizon. Suddenly, just ahead of me, I perceived the most brilliant, infinitely varied rainbow colored light I had ever seen. The rainbow suffused me and the car. I stopped the car, right there in the middle of the road, and let my whole conscious awareness move deep into the ecstasy of the Light. I was in another dimension, where experience was all. The total experience was blissful love. I was both immersed and one with the love and the light. The colors exceeded in depth, intensity, and rapture anything I had ever imagined possible. I was in Heaven. I wanted to stay forever. Of course, it wasn’t time, and I was gently guided to come back into my body sitting in the driver’s seat. The light was timeless. I have no idea how long my car sat, ignition off, in the middle of the road. No one else had happened along – or perhaps they had, and they’d just gone around me. I turned on the engine, and went on my way, toward the highway that would lead me home to St. Louis. My life had changed forever, though. I’d learned about the Light. I knew it was within me always, and that I could access it at any time. Over the intervening years, I’ve learned to access and appreciate that loving place more and more frequently, transforming my life – and me – gradually.

It took me many years of questioning finally to realize that I experienced that moment of delight because I had listened to my inner self and agreed to do what was right for me, no matter how fearful I may have felt about leaving behind everything I knew and moving into the unknown. More and more often, as I’ve grown older, I’ve re-experienced similar moments of delight – always when I follow the promptings of my heart and do what feels absolutely right, transcending human emotions and letting myself be guided. I’m slowly learning that my higher self is guided and nurtured, and my job is to pay attention, understand, and follow that wisdom from spirit.

Heaven is not some distant place. It is with us, within us, surrounding us where we are – less than a heartbeat away. We need only turn our attention away from our physical being and surroundings to enter it. It is outside of time. Neither time nor place exist – only love.

It is our true home, though while we are living in a body on planet earth, we are on a mission, through the beauties and challenges of physical life, to raise our awareness of love and its power. Our task is to learn to be fully our highest selves, laying ego aside. We are here to explore the attractions and flaws of ego, to transcend our love of power, returning to the light of universal love -- to experience all the physical emotions and finally learn the value of eternity’s peace and bliss. Every moment that we spend in that peaceful love is a beautiful response to our spirit’s constant yearning.

No comments:

Post a Comment