Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eden

Eden May 29 2010


And God cast them from the Garden.

They lost God’s love.

Losing love – the hardest hurt,

The truest Hell.

Loveless, babies wither, grownups weep.

Without love, I live in turmoil --

Sleep deprived, feeling ill, hating others and myself, tired, lifeless.

Deprived of love, I shrivel like a tender flower in a drought –

Dried up, wrinkled, gray, before I die my many deaths.

I seek out your love, my darling – heliotropic -- drawn by you:

your smile, the pleasure in your eyes,

Your gentle voice, your soothing hands,

Your compelling spirit force.

You nourish and revitalize my soul – your love my nectar.

In trust, I open up, bloom, let myself be tender, give to you the power to hurt or heal.

I learn the might of love to beautify or trample

And give my heart to you withal – witness to your perfect God-love splendor.



Reflection

Building a relationship is definitely not for the faint of heart. The reward is bliss, a more transcendent connection with God, who is love. The challenge is to rid my self ( my ego) of fear – to trust, to be willing to feel hurt, and to continue trusting and loving, knowing that any perceived lack of love is a delusion. God cannot not love. God IS love. Love draws us to each other, and steadily awaits our enlightenment, our acceptance, our understanding, and our willingness to bask in and transmit its awesome light. We are God’s gift to each other. I am grateful beyond words for this gift of ever-flowing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment