Monday, April 5, 2010

April Evening

Tender Moments April 5 2010


After a family dinner,

We sit outdoors at dusk,

Swinging back and forth,

Sweet six year old between us,

Sharing hugs,

Talking about this and that,

Knowing peace profound as velvet night,

Sipping love’s sweet nectar as if hummingbirds.



Reflection

Family times can be stressful. They can also be very sweet and relaxing. I’m so thankful to have the good fortune to live a few short miles away from my daughter and her family – her husband and two delightful little boys, ages 3 and 6. Children need lots of loving adults in their lives. They soak up the attention and affection. I remember how important it was to me as a child to feel that love existed around me, not just within my home, but in the neighborhood – that I was nestled in the bosom of a network of relatives, neighbors, and friends. Now, as an older person, I can see how wonderful it is to be one of those nurturing “other” adults in the lives of special children and their parents. Tonight was a perfect April evening, the air velvety warm – a perfect time to sit under the stars and the silhouetted trees, just relaxing and enjoying the company of beloved others.

No comments:

Post a Comment