Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Solstice 2009

Turning Point September 23, 2009


Day and night are even.
Summer turns to fall.
Time to reap, and time to sow.

Reflection:


As we enter the time of year when night gains on day and dark on light, I’m taking stock of my recent trip and anniversaries. They, like the solstice, marked a turning point.

The trip was a chance to try out my new self – the one that has been emerging as I have been rebuilding my life, observing a different balance in my reactions to known situations. I react as often as Ellen would have, as I do the way I would have before meeting Ellen. I feel that we entered into each others’ souls while together. We each became a new person. As Ellen always said – “not one, not two.” From her death, I emerged as a different person than I had been; it's like being reborn.

As I balance at this point, I’m sowing seeds for future relationships, interests, ways of defining myself – as a leader, teacher, healer, friend, spiritual mentor, artist, person.

I’m beginning to realize the legacy of Ellen’s and my relationship. It’s rich in many ways. On this side, it’s up to me to consolidate its riches – to reap -- and to sow them so that they continue to enhance the world in which I’m still living. On the other side, I’m certain that Ellen is with me still, helping me every step of the way to become all that we, together, had it in us to become.

TUMBLED ROCKS 11/14/08


Our hearts and souls deeply united –
Sharing insights, observations, love of words,
Discovering the path to wisdom hand in hand, soul to soul.
Nine years of transformation,
Tumbled rocks polishing each other, revealing hidden value, brilliant hues, greater love,
Smoothing away rough spots and dull coatings,
Sparking over trifling differences and embedded gems,
Transforming each other forever, revealing the divine.

PRISMS NOV 22, 2008


You survive now as a prism,
Pieces scattered, in me, in friends, in family,
In places we’ve shared --
Shards of memory,
Kaleidoscope of tumbling moments,
Chiseled glass parsing rays of love in rainbow tints.
I recognize you in a phrase, a moment, a chance event;
But long to hold you whole, to feel your warmth, your breath,
Your kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment