Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lines of Energy

Choices November 7, 2009


A maze with many open exits –

That’s a life.

I sat with your one-time partner

This past week, and thought

Of how your lives would have differed

If you’d stayed together all this time.

We never know, of course, how the other

Paths we could have chosen

Would have ended.

And we never know before we make a choice

Where it will lead.

Who have we touched?

What have we changed, for us and others,

With a simple choice of this step over that.

We can only know that life’s in fact a complex grid,

Not the straight line we like to think.



Reflections:

I just got back home from a trip – a first for me. It entailed a day’s drive alone, to a place I’d never been, to enjoy the amenities of a resort hotel, spa, room service, restaurant – to have a good time by myself. What will be different in my life and in the lives of others because I followed that simple idea? I don’t know, of course. But I do know that I generally have no idea of how the many choices that I make on a daily basis impact the ways of others’ lives or of my own. One part of the trip was to visit Jeannine, the long-time partner of your youth, and her present partner, Carol, who was your childhood friend. They had just moved, and had not yet settled in. As I spent time with them, I pictured you with either of them now – in how many ways your life – all of our lives!! -- would have been different if you and Jeannine had not parted ways twenty-five years ago. There’s no way to picture how things would have worked out for any of us, because we didn’t follow that path. I don’t generally think, as I make choices daily, how the path I choose at each turn will echo in many lives forever. Yet this is exactly what happens, constantly. These choices are ours to make. I find it overwhelming to contemplate the complexity of the universal grid of energy and events – so intelligent that it encompasses and accommodates the endlessly random outcome of an infinite number of free choices, constantly.



Energetic Grid November 7, 2009

Driving through the mountains,

Encapsulated on four wheels,

I’m freely floating through a richly woven palette

Of Energetic lines and patterns.

Trees, bushes, leaves, clouds, infinity of sky

Blend with fractals shaped by rising, falling, swirling land.

I’m outside of time and space,

Merging with eternity – becoming motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment