Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5 2009 - First anniversary

November 5 2009 – First Anniversary


A slashed finger – strange accident. Not everything has to have a reason, although everything that happens has consequences – people I wouldn’t have met (or would have), or a different appreciation for the blessing of intact, working hands. It’s ironic that, on this anniversary of your death, I’m dealing with the consequences of an injury that temporarily forces me to do everything with one hand. It’s also ironic, somehow, that on a small scale, I will experience from now on – because nerves were severed – numbness in the same fingers that were numb on your injured hand. Total coincidence? Perhaps. But strange, under the circumstances. I know it will remain for me a poignant reminder of you, and of this anniversary day.


Co-Creating November 29 2008

Two minds, two hearts, three hands..

One spirit, Creating one life for our time together.

Two houses, two kitchens, two histories , two professions

Unified in us, in our space, our aura.

We were Not one, Not two –

Instead something other, beautiful, hopeful, more --

We lived the love that humans long for in their deepest hearts.

Now you are there, and I am here – Still united.

We sit astride, one foot on earth, the other where?

I wonder how to be in two places.



Two Places November 5 2009

A light-filled rainbow

Spans the chasm between here and there –

Like a live, transmission line

Crackling with our energy, our shared ideas --

Our souls linked forever.



Jahrzeit Candle November 5 2009

Today's the day.

I light the candle, sit still in mindfulness.

Like the warm and ever-changing flame

Your spirit still is glowing in my heart.

I feel consoled.

I feel your love, your light.
I'm grateful for the time we walked together.

Your brightness brings to mind your strong, enfolding hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment