Saturday, October 31, 2009

Words of Love

Words October 30 2009

The words I say and write

To comfort others,

Where do they come from?

I have to trust these thoughts

That bubble up and out,

Like sweet water from a soothing fountain;

They seem summoned by some thirst within the other.

They extend themselves, a gift from Love to one in need.

I’m so blessed to give them voice!

With each thought, I feel like a small child

Who’s been allowed to hold,

For a precious moment,

Something rare and beautiful.

I’m in awe.



Reflection

We are incredibly blessed—all of us-- to love each other, to perceive and respond to that which requires consolation, holding, and acceptance. With each genuine, open contact, we re-experience God, universal Love. With each new person, we know God better. We have encountered one more spark of the creator and have fallen a little more in love. As I think of you, my Love,  and what drew me to you instantly when we first met, it was your ability to see who someone was below the surface, and to love immediately. This caused you much pain, because often people didn’t return the love. The caring that bubbled instantly from you upon meeting someone new was the “magic ingredient” explaining why so many people knew immediately, upon making your acquaintance, that they had met someone extraordinary. Many, even among those who met you in your last weeks, were deeply impressed.

Tribute to Ellen from a friend, November 2008








"In the end, there is only one thing you need to know about this amazing, courageous, extraordinary woman...she was my friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment