Monday, October 12, 2009

Quiet Evening

Rosemary: Were you here?  October 12 2009

I lit a fire tonight – the first one of the year.

It was a cheerful scene –

The dancing flames, Hayden on the radio,

The dog curled up in her soft bed,

Drowsy from the heat.

I sat soaking up the comfort,

And felt at one with you alone in your beloved New York loft,

Where you told me you had done the same

While longing for companionship.

I wondered if, unseen, you’d joined me here,

Enjoying with me the kind of evening

We used to love to spend together.

Reflection

Lively music; dancing, warming flames in the fireplace – They made a cozy scene, although I need to start figuring out how to feel complete and comfortable by myself. People do that all the time. At least they say they do.

If I go back to yesterday’s thought about just being fine with what is, and letting it be, it was a time of relaxation and pleasure. I thought of a conversation I’d had earlier in the day about the way dogs and cats provide companionship and unconditional love. I’m glad that I have my animal companions. It gives me deep pleasure to have them with me. They demonstrate how to live happily and love unstintingly.




Shaman, 2006

Ellen:  Cat Notes March 15 2001


In front of the fire,

The cat lies on your lap.

She melts like a lump of butter,

Spreads out

And pours down your leg.


She lies there :

A molten puddle,

Her beauty visible

With special eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment