Thursday, October 22, 2009

Special Moments

Spirit Breath October 18 2009


I feel spirit stirring,

Like wind blowing through the leaves –

A shiver here; over there a dance –

Swinging, swaying, top to bottom,

Fluttering like angel wings.

The breath of spirit brushes through my soul,

And joy erupts.



Reflection: As I was looking out the window, the trees were moving in the wind. As so often happens, little breezes were ruffling different parts of a tree, then the air was still again. I had never realized before that wind in the trees could be so particular, so limited in its extent. What a lovely, variable performance! As I continued to watch, the only movements for a few moments were two large leaves flapping together, opening then closing, as we would imagine angels’ wings might do. It felt like a special, privileged moment. Who’s to say that there were no angel wings, and that the wind was not the breath of spirit?



Being a Prayer October 18 2009

I experience in body and in soul.

I feel.

I think.

I smile.

I frown.

I breathe.

I rest.

I let go.

I love.

I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment